Public health professionals are needed now more than ever.
Take the first step in growing your knowledge and expertise to create a meaningful difference in the lives of people, families and communities around the globe.
Your journey starts here, at Oregon State University.
We have the longest tradition of public health in Oregon and offer a rigorous, fully online, interdisciplinary MPH program, as well as seven on-campus options.
It's time to create a healthier, more equitable world. How will you make a difference?
Earn your Master of Public Health Degree Online
Our Master of Public Health online degree program is delivered through Oregon State Ecampus, which is widely considered one of America's best providers of online education.
As an online MPH student, you will get the same high-quality education as on-campus students, as well as the same diploma and transcript. And you can learn at your own pace with only one course per term required.
Learn more about Oregon State’s MPH Online.
Select a public health field that aligns with how you want to specialize.
As an on-campus student, you’ll select an area of focus within seven distinct options:
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Global Health
- Health Promotion and Health Behavior
- Health Systems and Policy
- Physical Activity
The program is designed to be completed in 21 months, but part-time students have up to seven years to finish.
Applications are reviewed at: December 1 (priority), March 1, June 1 (final) and one cohort begins each fall.
Learn more about your MPH options.
The MPH at Oregon State is a smart choice.
As an Oregon State MPH student, you’ll benefit from:
- Our reputation. We have the longest tradition of public health in the state, and we’re Oregon’s first CEPH-accredited school of public health.
- Personal relationships. You will enjoy small classes and personal connections with faculty.
- Low walls. There are many opportunities for collaboration with prominent faculty and other disciplines.
- Global experiences. We offer opportunities for experiential learning across the globe, from India to Bangladesh, Botswana and beyond.
- Community access. You will have direct access to communities throughout Oregon.
- Location, location, location. We are located in a beautiful state and community that value health as much as you do.
World-Leading Expertise and Support
Our MPH faculty are committed professors and researchers, as well as passionate advisors. You’ll be paired with a faculty advisor who will collaborate with you and support your success both in and outside of the classroom.
Meet a few of our MPH faculty members:
Assistant Professor Jonathan Garcia is focused on devising community-led approaches to social inclusion, HIV prevention and Hepatitis C treatment access.
Assistant Professor Kari-Lyn Sakuma examines tobacco and vaping products and their differential impact on communities of color and other targeted communities.
MPH Student Spotlight
“I chose OSU for various reasons, none of which were more important than the fact that the MPH program here is a small, growing program that gives ample opportunities to interact with and learn from not only our peers, but also our faculty members.
“For the first time in my college experience, I feel as though I have instructors who are truly accessible and willing to aid in my development as a public health professional and individual.”
See why other MPH students chose Oregon State.