Healthy people and a healthy planet are in your hands. How will YOU make a difference?
Take the first step in expanding the knowledge, insights and critical thinking skills needed to create a meaningful difference in the lives of people, families and communities around the globe.
Start here, at Oregon State University.
We have the longest tradition of public health in Oregon and offer a rigorous, fully online, interdisciplinary MPH program with no travel requirements, as well as a full- and part-time on-campus program.
Our college is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Learn Online – From Anywhere
Our MPH online program is delivered through Oregon State Ecampus, which is widely considered one of America's best providers of online education.
Its national prestige is based on rigorous criteria, which takes into consideration faculty credentials and training, student services and technology, student retention rate, academic quality and more.
As an online student, you will get the same high-quality education as on-campus students, as well as the same diploma and transcript.
Learn more about Oregon State’s MPH Online.
With seven on-campus options, you can select your best fit.
As an on-campus student, you’ll select an area of focus within seven distinct options:
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Global Health
- Health Systems and Policy
- Health Promotion and Health Behavior
- Physical Activity
The program is designed to be completed in two years, but part-time students have up to seven years to finish.
Application deadlines are December 1 and March 1, and one cohort begins each fall.
Learn more about our MPH options.
The MPH at Oregon State is a smart choice.
As an MPH student, you will benefit from:
- Our reputation. We have the longest tradition of public health in the state, and we’re Oregon’s first CEPH-accredited school of public health.
- Personal relationships. You will enjoy small classes and personal connections with faculty.
- Collegial approach. There are many opportunities for collaboration with prominent faculty and in coursework in other disciplines.
- Global experiences. We offer opportunities for experiential work across the globe.
- Community access. You will have direct access to communities throughout Oregon.
World-Leading Expertise and Support
Our MPH faculty are committed professors and researchers, as well as passionate advisors. You’ll be paired with a faculty advisor who will collaborate with you and support your success both in and outside of the classroom.
Meet a few of our MPH faculty members:
Assistant Professor Jonathan Garcia is focused on devising community-led approaches to social inclusion, HIV prevention and Hepatitis C treatment access.
Karen Volmar, a clinical associate professor, works at the intersection of public health policy, health care administration and international health.